Public Speaking Myths & Lies
Your host, George Torok, exposes the common and damaging myths and lies about public speaking. Too many lies are spread in the form of “advice” that hurt your speaking performance. George Torok exposes the lies, reveals the truth and tells you what to do to be a better public speaker.
Some of the lies that George will expose and help you with:
- Be humble during your introduction.
- Start your presentation with a joke.
- When you get nervous, stare at a spot on the back wall.
- When you get nervious, imagine the audience in their underwear.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Dress casual.
- Too much practice will make you look un-natural.
- Apologize when you make a mistake.
- Be sure to look serious.
- Tell them everything you know about the topic.
Lies – all of them. Listen to discover why and what to do instead.
George reveals 15 top myths about public speaking. When you listen you might notice that number seven was left out. It’s a big one and will be covered another time.
Click below to listen to or download the audio file.